My First Reaction to the State of The Union Address
By Joe Bodolai © 2010, All rights reserved
As I watch the President make his State of the Union address, these thoughts come to mind
- Biden is nodding like a bobblehead. Now 50% off at the White House Store!
- Doubling exports over the next five years will create two million new jobs. Where? Merry Christmas, India. All we can export are weapons. And NBA logo jerseys.
- The bank bailout is like “root canal”? I’d rather have root canal!
- “We might face a second Depression.” Oh, you mean like the one yesterday?
- On the war in Afghanistan: “There will be difficult days ahead. But I am confident we will succeed.” Oh I’ll bet we’ll do as well as Alexander the Great or the Soviet Union.
- The threat of nuclear weapons is “perhaps the greatest danger to the American people.” A reference to Iran, obviously. What about Israel? They actually have nuclear weapons and are not signatory to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty. By U.S. law, we are therefore not allowed to provide weapons to that country. Yet, those white phosphorus bombs in Gaza are “proudly made in the USA.”
- I think we’re living in an American Twilight Zone.
Categories: Comedy and Satire