Reggie Bush’s Paper Trail Isn’t Pretty
It’s Black and White: Bush was Ineligible
By Joe Bodolai © 2010, All rights reserved
The fact that Reggie Bush was ineligible to play for USC in 2005 is not a matter of opinion. Here is a paper trail that shows benefits that are not allowed under NCAA bylaws.
NCAA by-law 126.96.36.199 states that an athlete shall be deemed ineligible if he or she accepts benefits from agents or marketing representatives. The rule further states that student-athletes, their family or friends cannot receive benefits or loans from agents. Additionally, NCAA by-law188.8.131.52.6 states that athletes cannot receive preferential treatment, benefits or services because of the individual’s athletics reputation or skill or pay-back potential as a professional athlete, unless such treatment, benefits or services are specifically permitted under NCAA legislation. (Source: rivals.com)
Included are some financial documents including the deed to the Bush parents’ home provided for free, some receipts for a lavish Las Vegas weekend at the Venetian, his brand new Chevy Impala, and other damning documents. Let’s see how the NCAA ignores this.
Oh, and there is testimony that Pete Carroll was on the phone and knew about the illegal housing situation.
I rest my case. I hope the NCAA does too.
What penalties will the NCAA impose? Likely they will be far too light for the nature of the violations since USC is a TV draw as well as a partner with ESPN on a site so blatantly titled as “WeAreSC.com”. A TV sports network is a business partner with a college football program? Hmmm… journalism 101?Fail. Why not just call it ”CheeringForUSCinthePressBox.com.?
The NCAA in recent years has let major violations go by with “retroactive” loss of scholarships, loss of “wins” etc. as with Alabama and Florida State. The only real penalty that makes a difference is loss of scholarships, not retroactively, but for real. For now. This year. This means you Seantrel Henderson. Hope you like a 4-7 season. Come on NCAA. Be real. You talk about “student-atheletes” so let’s see what game you have.
Read More Below
- Cool, I'm about to reach 1,000 followers! See the rest of my stats at Twitter Counter: twtr.to/9BZz 4 years ago
- When people tell you to "dream" to make my life better I'd say 99.9% of them have never been beaten and robbed. 4 years ago
- The Comedy Network video intro for our successful pitch to The CRTC youtube.com/qualityshows#p… 4 years ago
- Godbye. qualityshows.wordpress.com 4 years ago
- "They call my home the land of snow' 4 years ago
- IF THIS WERE Y0UR LAST DAY ALIVE WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- Thanksgiving Night on a Los Angeles Bus
- The Best 6-4-3 I Ever Saw
- This is the Headline You Are Now Reading
- If I Were So Rich…
- Did Rupert Murdoch Hire A Pie Thrower on Craigslist?
- Florida Legalizes Murder, Post-Birth Abortion
- I’m Sure I Speak for Lady Gaga and We Say: Be The Best Possible Version of Yourself.
- The “Tupac of Terror”: Osama Bin Laden Drops Another Joint! New Video
- British Tribal Leaders Expand Gene Pool in Bizarre Mating Ceremony
- Miss Jamaica Keeps ‘Tings Ireal at Miss Universe PageantU
- Pilgrims, Attentive Walmart Shoppers Flock to Graceland for “Shroud of Elvis”
- Pope “Joey Ratz” Responds to Arrest of Pedophile Pedophilia Advisor, Forgives Self, Pedophiles
- This Video’s Lyrics May be Inaccurately Translated for Your Enjoyment
- Leonard Cohen Live: “Closing Time”