Florida Lawmaker Wants to Cut Funding For Good Movies
No Smoking, No Sex, and No Gays or No Money
By Joe Bodolai © 2010, All rights reserved.
Florida State Representative Stephen Precourt has attached a provision into a $75 million tax incentive bill designed to attract film production that would only fund “family-friendly” movies.” Movies that included “non-traditional family values” such as smoking, sex, nudity, gay characters, or “profane language” would not be eligible for funding.
Precourt explained: “Think of it as like Mayberry. That’s when I grew up — the ’60s. That’s what life was like. I want Florida to be known for making those kinds of movies: Disney movies for kids and all that stuff. Like it used to be, you know?”
So Rep. Precourt wants movies to be like the ‘60’s? I’m all for that. That decade gave us great movies, like Psycho, Easy Rider, The Graduate, Dr. Strangelove, Midnight Cowboy, Bonnie and Clyde, La Dolce Vita, Breathless, Jules et Jim, and many more. None of these films would qualify for Mr. Precourt’s funding.
Nor would classics such as Casablanca, The Godfather, Chinatown, Annie Hall, and an Oscarload of others.
Films that likely would qualify for Mr. Precourt’s funding include Free Willy III, The Adventures of Pluto Nash, Leonard Part 6, Car 54 Where Are You?, and, of course, From Justin to Kelly.
I’m on my way to Florida to pitch him “Return to Mayberry: The Straight Ladies’ Pie Contest”.
Read More Below
- Cool, I'm about to reach 1,000 followers! See the rest of my stats at Twitter Counter: twtr.to/9BZz 4 years ago
- When people tell you to "dream" to make my life better I'd say 99.9% of them have never been beaten and robbed. 5 years ago
- The Comedy Network video intro for our successful pitch to The CRTC youtube.com/qualityshows#p… 5 years ago
- Godbye. qualityshows.wordpress.com 5 years ago
- "They call my home the land of snow' 5 years ago
- IF THIS WERE Y0UR LAST DAY ALIVE WHAT WOULD YOU DO?
- Thanksgiving Night on a Los Angeles Bus
- The Best 6-4-3 I Ever Saw
- This is the Headline You Are Now Reading
- If I Were So Rich…
- Did Rupert Murdoch Hire A Pie Thrower on Craigslist?
- Florida Legalizes Murder, Post-Birth Abortion
- I’m Sure I Speak for Lady Gaga and We Say: Be The Best Possible Version of Yourself.
- The “Tupac of Terror”: Osama Bin Laden Drops Another Joint! New Video
- British Tribal Leaders Expand Gene Pool in Bizarre Mating Ceremony
- Miss Jamaica Keeps ‘Tings Ireal at Miss Universe PageantU
- Pilgrims, Attentive Walmart Shoppers Flock to Graceland for “Shroud of Elvis”
- Pope “Joey Ratz” Responds to Arrest of Pedophile Pedophilia Advisor, Forgives Self, Pedophiles
- This Video’s Lyrics May be Inaccurately Translated for Your Enjoyment
- Leonard Cohen Live: “Closing Time”